Sunday, January 13, 2013

Vibrant Energy

I'm a positive energy spokesperson. In part because energy affects me so greatly, and in part because I strive to leave a trail and create a foundation for the future that are both positive.

     Today has been a great day. When I tend to my energy needs, I end up with a sense of calm and satisfaction.

     We went to church today. For me, going to church is like setting aside time to calm my mind, to center myself and to focus on how to proceed. The sermons I appreciate the most are the ones that are applicable to reality. Today, based on Bible verses, I listened to life encouragement:

-Do not worry. Do what you know to do and do your best; the uncontrollable
  will be taken care of.
-Respond to an aggravated person with a gentle tone and kind words. The
  aggravation will lose its strength.
-Think excellent and praiseworthy thoughts. Make the glass half full.
-Rejoice. Be thankful and happy for the abundance we have in both material
  wealth and the wealth of time and relationships.

     That's a good dish of positive food for thought that can be packed up as I prepare myself each day and can nurture me throughout each day's events.

     Beyond church, I spent time today organizing, arranging and cleaning. It soothes my mind to live in a space that is tidy and pleasantly decorated. I like coats to be hung up, tables to be clear, plants sitting on the windowsill, incense burning, green tea brewing and a cat lounging watching me make it all happen.

    Clean and pleasant space leads me to the next element of my energy needs: applying and expressing my mind and creativity. With soft lighting in the room, music playing, a cup of tea beside me, a carrot/celery/grape snack in arms reach and Phillip contentedly near, I can think and write. And I can feel content and happy. Oh, the power of positive energy and all the ways to cultivate it!

1 comment: